Originally Posted By: george1
Jeff, even a better idea...."Purchase some BG from supplier" - that will deliver your fish, add pond water to his oxygenated tank to acclimate them, and "fling" the TILAPIA over the thick FA so as not to kill standed fish.

It all depends....

I was still a little sensitive about adding fish to my pond after the horrific Gambusia incident. So I gently floated them in their plastic bags, slowly opened the bag to allow them to swim out, and sang Kumbaya as they swam away. I figured one tragic stocking event was all I could handle in a years time. \:\)

George and others, I got a question for those of you that have used a fish supplier. Around DIED and I the suppliers charge an arm and a leg to deliver fish. So both DIED and I picked up our fish from the supplier. The only supplier that I found that would deliver wanted something like $300 to deliver. How does this work in other parts of the country. Does it depend upon how much you order? Do they charge for delivery and if so how much? Just curious.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)