CC spawn once a year, LMB once a year, and BG could do 3-4 times a year in TX easy.

If the fish all went in early in 2006, it is very likely that the BG reached or exceeded the minimum spawning size by Spring 2007 (5"-6"). Your catfish are currently big enough to spawn next year, given suitable structure (CC are cavity spawners). Perhaps some of them were big enough last Spring when temps were right for a CC spawn.

I consider it very likely that your BG have spawned this year, and that many of those 2007 YOY BG are in the 3" range now. They would outnumber the orginal stockers by a wide margin, so that you would be more likely to see this year's small BG than their parents. This disparity in numbers is further enhanced by small BG's tendency to frequent the shallows near the bank, where they are very easily seen and caught.

Given the problems CC have recruiting (this means spawning AND having the eggs/fry/fingerlings not get eaten) in a pond with BG & LMB, on top of the question as to whether CC now 12"-15" were big enough to spawn last Spring, it is less likely that the 6" catfish you caught was a 2007 YOY. It may have instead been undersized when initially stocked and/or a slow grower, or perhaps you have had the dreaded Bullhead introduced to your pond (I hope not).

Someone from Texas with Catfish experience down there may have a much better idea on what your growth rates and spawning likelihood should be.

WRT whether or not to feed your fish, it is a personal choice that should be based on your goals, budget (both $ and time), and also the number of fish you have in a certain size of pond (for example, feeding a greatly overstocked pond would probably make a fish kill more likely - therefore not recommended in that case).

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]