Just a brief update.

I was eating brunch at "Chez Guano" with Pat Swayze and Linda Lavin. We were taking verbal jabs at the group at the other table, namely that traveling circus they call the Baldwin Brothers, when, to my utter shock our meal is delivered to us by none other than Mr. Ebsen himself.

Well, I certainly didn't want to make a scene, so I gracefully accepted the food, a lovely roast duck and salsa, and proceeded to eat, resuming the original conversation. Ebsen walks off, almost as if he didn't notice that it was me.

Once the meal was completed, we headed to the door, and as was our custom, I expected Lavin to pick up the gratuity. Well, as fortune would have it, she assumed it was Swayze's turn, and that's where it all turned ugly.

Ebsen meets me at the door, nudges me square in the middle of the chest and says, "Hey, how 'bout a little something for the effort?"

Not wanting to embarrass my lady friend, I kept my head down and continued on my way to the safety of the open foyer just outside the door, but Ebsen would have none of it. Suddenly he goes into some kind of yellow-belt, confrontational pose, and even at his advanced age was a menacing sight to all of us. Six foot, six inches of geriatric whoop-butt comin' at me at the speed of sound! Just when I thought I was going to the wood shed, Ebsen reaches back and grabs his hamstring. Evidently Swayze had the piece of mind to slip his steak knife into the breast pocket of his smoking jacket. Once again one of Ebsen's evil plans was foiled, but for me, big lesson learned.

Last edited by Bruce Condello; 09/24/07 10:08 PM. Reason: How would I know? I don't even know why I wrote the piece to begin with.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.