This data, which is primarily of interest to me as a relative measure and comparison, further supports the contention that we actually know very little(quantitatively) about ponds and the fish within them. There is so much to learn, so much currently unknown.

The data shows HSB to be 8 times more sensitive to low O2 than BG and twice as sensitive as LMB...but the data is against small fish and for very short periods of time. What is the effect on larger fish, I wonder, and for longer time exposures to relatively low O2? I have water temps above 85 degrees for 5 to 6 months out of the year in ponds with high density of pounds of fish per acre (especially during Tilapia season). Does long exposures to high water temps with corresponding reduced O2 levels adversely affect some fish more than others?

Death isn't the only measure of adverse effects on fish, either. Are growth rates in some fish affected by such long exposures? Isn't it likely that there exists an optimum condition, in terms of water quality, for each fish that we consider stocking in our ponds? and further, that the optimum condition is very different for different fish? If we knew those conditions more quantitatively, more precisely, couldn't that possibly result in considerably different stocking strategies than we now have? Obviously, things are different depending on where one has a pond, what the local conditions are, and what the environment is at the pond site. Every pond is different, even on the same physical property. The more we collectively know about optimum water conditions for each type of fish, the better pond meisters we can be.

The more I know, the less I know....makes it interesting for me.