Anyone remember the "Bass 101" meetings about 10 years ago? That's where I first got the idea to use Tilapia in my ponds.

The experts at that widely attended meeting strongly advised against using Tilapia in Texas farm ponds because "they would make your LMB grow too fast". Thinking about it, it seemed to me that might not be such a bad problem to have. Now after about 6 seasons with Tilapia(and 10 pound class LMB), I wish I could have those experts(who in all likelyhood had never personally had Tilapia in their ponds) see the results of sustained Tilapia use in farm ponds...they too might then agree with me that the Tilapia is the greatest pond management tool available to Texas pond meisters.

p.s. being a somewhat radical thinker, I've never understood why experts recommend the use of artificial fertilizers, artificial feeds, artificial etc. to grow larger fish, fish that it would seem could get too large for their ponds without all the artificial help...but those same folks would recommend against Tilapia. Never has made sense to me, but I'm just an East Texas bum trying to have some fun in ponds.