"Bass heavy" in a big bream pond is about both bass size and numbers. Remember LMB like to eat BG about 1/3 to 1/4 their own body length. My personal strategy is to keep most of my bass population below 15" in length, so they eat BG in the too-small-to-eat category below 5-6".

Eight inchers just-maybe-might dip into BG stocked at 2"-3" the Fall before, if there was nothing else to eat. If you have FHM in the pond for the intermediate bass, I think the original BG stockers would be pretty safe from predation. But if you want the bass to thin the BG, maybe you'd be ahead to forget about FHM ???

I would want my first BG to stick around (for genetic diversity purposes, and because they will get big before any of their offspring do) rather than feeding my bass. For initial LMB stocking, I'd want a size that would go after next year's YOY BG and thin their ranks. I think I'd stock 3"-5" LMB next Spring, a quantity of 50 for a half-acre.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]