It is my observation that CC of 4-5 inch size will initially feed more on fatheads than on small BG. I've seen them chasing schools across the water. The Grandkids will love the CC, especially at feeding time. I would go with about 100. Don't let them name them or you'll be stuck with large Mr Whiskers.

I like shallow water brush piles for fingerling protection and segregation. Of course, the bass will make a pretty good living there.

Even though you are using bass as a tool, be prepared to cull/eat some. Those suckers can sometimes turn out to be too much of a good thing.

Two feeders sounds like a pretty good idea but could get expensive. I find that my large BG are not intimidated by even the biggest cats when the dinner bell rings. Of course, I'm now down to about a dozen cats.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP