Photos which are wider than about 800 pixels cannot be displayed by the forum in one screen width and make the threads they are in awkward to view. I believe the actual width limiting number varies from computer/monitor combo to computer/monitor combo (I can see 840); 720 might be a safer number to use as an upper limit.

Some different ways to resize your photos:

1)
 Quote:
Originally posted by george:
Theo and Bill, a point I would make if not already made, is to re-size large file pictures that "fit" the PB page, so as not to have to scroll endlessly to read script and to see all of picture.

A handy free picture re-sizer download program is
http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

I use "My Pictures" to re-size by using "E-mail this file" option - "show more options" - select "small" 640x480 window.
If I want to fill the page I will use "medium" 800x600 window.

These size pictures will not "over-run" the page.

I often skip large files becase of endless scrolling.

Just my thoughts FWII.....
\:\)
2)
 Quote:
Originally posted by PondsForFun:
You can also resize photos in photobucket. Just hit the edit button above the photo.
3) Personally, I use "The GIMP" (GNU Image Manipulation Program) available from www.GIMP.org to resize and otherwise manipulate images and to convert from format to format.

Whatever method you utilize to limit the width of photos, the practice will make reading forum posts easier, cut download times, and should save you file space on your on-line photo storage.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]