I wrote a long post about how what Bruce said was right about the biological energy process and how important that is to understanding ponds. Also that I had the definitions from Fisheries Tech. 2nd and Trophy Bass so I knew the definitions said at a given point and condition. The computer ate my long post. frown

What Bruce went over is correct with his definition. It describes the total of biological processes correctly with a static carrying capacity. The pond process is however never static for long ,it is dynamic with many variables. Still though energy in has to equal energy out in one from or another. I also agree with Bruce that a pond will not have tons more fish because you have placed structure, unless it is a very very big lake.

What adding cover/structure in the proper amount and method will do is increase some combination of recruitment, survival, growth, and angler catch rates and thus let you make better use of the energy and carrying capacity in your pond to meet your goals of a better fishery. However fertile good quality water and the forage base ( including supplement feeding ) are much bigger factors at increasing the effective use of potential carrying capacity.

Burger (with a capital B) you are held in high esteem. A lot higher than the soy burgers Bruce was giving his theo-retical mice , chimps and rabbits. laugh

Last edited by Bill Cody; 08/18/22 04:49 PM.