Quote:
Originally posted by bobad:
Mine aren't real fighters, as they don't seem to realize they are caught until they are out of the water. That's when they really explode.[/QB]
Bobad, it may be that you are experiencing a behavior of repeatedly caught fish that I have observed/experienced...fish that have been caught many times before, sometimes they kind of just give in, seemingly knowing the outcome or maybe its a lack of reserve energy. On the great trout streams I've been fortunate to fish, I can tell quickly if a fish has been caught before, especially recently caught ones. Not to bore you with stories, but in the Texas hole on the San Juan River, just about every trout has been caught numerous times and the fight is nothing at all, but go downstream, away from the crowds and catch one and it is a completely different fish.

Today I was targeting large LMB...trying to see how large of a LMB I could catch on a very small minnow. Without going into the reasons for that, I'll just say I caught four LMB of 4 pounds, one HSB of 4 pounds, many LMB between 2 and 3 pounds, several "bull" CNBG, and three Pacu, two from the "A" team that I mentioned and one from the "B" team of about 2.5 pounds. The largest Pacu was the equal or superior to every single one of those fish, in term of fighting.

Please, let's keep comparing notes...there must be some bad characteristics of these fish that we haven't discovered yet, or someone would have already done what we are doing. If I lived in Florida or South Texas and didn't know any better than I know now, I'd sure have a Pacu pond. What a fish.