Bobad,
Aquarium shops might occasionally get one back because of the size and they might pass it along to you. Might be worth a try, also try an importer/wholesaler or an aquaculture supply house. I don't think they will breed, according to the article all breeding had to be induced, injections, doable but complicated, females mature at 3 yr and males at 4.
One study I saw used wild fish and at mature ages were in the 3 lb range, gives you some idea how fast they grow when fed in ponds. The other thing is that they are supposed to grow well with 15% protein, but mine almost stopped growing until I went back to 25%. I envy you guys that can get 35 and 40%.
A problem I have noticed is as they grew I used a longer shank hook trying to prevent them from cutting the line. It worked, but occasionally they would take the hook deep enough to endanger an eye. I cut the line, left the hook and went back to a smaller size. They started cutting the line between 2 and 3lbs.
Also I read where they are fin biters and I have seen lot of missing fin parts on my tilapia. I can't say for sure that is from the pacu because it didn't start until the barramundi were about a foot long, but it could be, just something else to watch for.
Kids around here swim with them and they still have all of their fingers and toes.

1/4 & 3/4 acre ponds. A thousand miles from no where and there is no place I want to be...
Dwight Yoakam