Quote:
Originally posted by floatinflowers:
It has already started here in Minnesota. In this state, the D.N.R has too much power. I have already been told I can't cut down my cattails. I am doing it anyway.They are taking over my small pond and are very invasive. It's ok for Mndot to cut the cattails in the ditches, but I can't cut them in my own pond? What is wrong with this picture? I was also told I can't catch the fish I buy at the hatchery without a fishing license! So I have to buy the fish, then buy a fishing license to catch the fish in my own farm pond on private property!(If I wanted to,that is)
They want control over all the water, no questions asked! Bobbi
Boatinflowers,

I've heard all about your state from othe fish farmers, and there is one particular one up there that is continually fighting your DNR. He claims he had ruffled some feathers up there and they are out to get him at all costs now. It's no wonder the congress critter that is introducing this legislation is from your state.

I once did an article on the importation requirements of various states in the Great Lakes basin, and I must say your state is the most restrictive and complicated. It's very, very, hard to import live fish to your state. And one can still be turned down for a permit, even with all your ducks in a row. To me that's too much power in the hands of a state agency.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.