OK, I had to make a decision and get 'em installed. We packed 'em up on the trailer, grabbed the sweaters and jackets, and headed for the project. I gotta wonder how many expressway travelers did a double take and still have no idea.
It's been 2 weeks and there has been some measurable rain. We picked up another 4" - 5" of depth, so I am happy with my choice to keep the cribs close to shore. I opted to go with my original choice of location, tilting them as suggested by Theo. The idea of varying depths makes sense to me. (pardon the dark, gray background. It was a long day, much spent on adding to the dock/deck. By the time we got to the cribs, it was gettin' late)

The feet are 5 gal buckets weighted with 60# of concrete mix. The legs are the same 1" PVC. I ran two 3" SS screws thru the PVC legs at the bottom of the pipe, one from each side, then set the posts in the wet concrete in the 5 gal bucket. The legs attach at the base of the cribs into a 1" PVC tee. I sanded out the ID of the Tees so the PVC leg will slip in and out, then ran a 1" SS screw in from the side to attach. This way, remove 4 SS screws and the crib completely detaches from the legs (here's to hoping this option is never exercised).
-
-
The top corner of both cribs is set about 2 ft below normal pool.

-