Brettski, I recognize that your nesting box is much better than mine because the entire front of yours opens for cleaning, allowing a much more thorough job. I will definitely use your design in building my next boxes but will use a hook and eye (maybe two) for securing the front panel instead of a screw.

Some people claim that the use of a one inch pipe for a mounting pole will exclude predators, but my boxes are mounted on treated 4x4 posts with a shield below the box. If your boxes will be placed in a wooded area that would allow predators to jump from adjacent trees onto the box, you might want to consider a shield above the box as well as one below. When deciding which box they like best, the ducks sometimes perch on top the box, so the upper shield should be high enough above the box, and the roof surface rough enough to allow that.

Don't forget that wasps like to build their nests under the shields.

Don't be at all concerned about the ducks being unable to get into the box through that little hole (and without a perch!) They nail it cleanly every time.