Robbie, I think grass carp are a great tool when needed. Do you have a weed/grass problem? If not, I would address that problem when it occurs. If no current weeds, they are like having a barber follow you around in case you need a haircut. Also, the large carp that you lost had diminished appetites and feeding needs. No so with 10 to 12 inch stockers. Those guys need groceries and a lot of them. Four young grass carp just might denude your water of the shallow cover that young fish need before they can become a mouthful. They also might muddy the pond rooting for plants.

I am a fan of HBG only only in a totally pellet fed catfish/HBG environment where fishing,eating and restocking is the primary goal. Other than that, they just take and don't give.

The fatheads are only a temporary boost to a new pond. The predators pretty well clean them out but they have done their job. Great tool and I know a guy that budgets for 20 lbs of fatheads per year to keep from having to control bluegills. However, this guy doesn't have reproducing bass. I'm not sure I agree with him because a bigger predator needs a bigger mouthful. It's a matter of energy expended vs. calories obtained. The jury is still out on this guys pond but he may know something that I don't.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP