Sunil, Thank you. I just stocked one time in 92. I got busy with my knives etc. in the last couple years and failed to replace my otterbine pump when it stopped.

I don't think it would have mattered much because I think it has been a gradual decline since about 3 or 4 years ago.

I did not leave a T out of my last name.

Thank you very much for your time.

Nice small mouth !

Yolk Sac, "Do you see ANY fish life in the pond whatsoever? Rises? Small fish by shoreline?"

No, nothing except tad poles and water bugs. There is new plant life along the edge, the water looks perfect. There are hundreds and hundreds of those little critters on the bottom when a net scoop is made.

Not even a twitch on a float with a huge night crawler, fished at all depths.
Not even a nibble under the dock. I fished a one inch grug over around and through every piece of structure in my pond, not a nibble......for two weeks.

No decay at all, tads are swimming happily every where, night time is deafening because of frogs screaming.

I think your right.

Theo Gallus, I have not used nets yet, I may try a cast net. Draining is an option, but I hate to try because we had such a dry couple of years here in east Tenn. (Maryville). I am afraid that I could not get it filled in time for fall.

My pond has a perfect drain off ratio it seems, it only spilled over the spillway one time in 15 years. All the other high water events the auto-syphon took out.

I too think 12 years is great, but boy it hurts like losing a pal. All my big boys that used to come up and show me their wiskers are gone. All those BGs. that looked like they pumped iron every day are gone.

And what hurt the most was my two grass carp that died year before last. I thought it was old age, maybe it was. I put them in when they were 6 inches long. When the first one died, he was easily three feet long and probably 30 plus pounds.

His brother died two weeks later, they looked like twin subs cruising my pond, always nipping at grass and cat fish food in the evenings.

Oh well, I had to slap myself to get my focus back........

Good advice, I can tell you people know what you are talking about. I appreciate the help. Next stop will be making a list of fish I need to order.

ewest, thanks for the welcome. HBGs, big ones !! \:D No signs of a fish kill at all, no fish floating, last known fish caught were caught by my son a year and a half ago.......a few large HBGs and LMB about 4 or 5 pounds.

I am considering a fish finder and nets to make one last search.

Robbie Roberson \:D