Rocky,

Thanks for the updated on your gate. I have a bunch of cedars like you bought and I'm curious what they are worth. Could you share the price you paid for them?

I've found that if you let them dry out, the bark almost falls off of them. If you give the kids a flat blade screwdriver, they will spend hours peeling the bark off too. It became a contest with out kids when working on our porch posts on who could get the biggest piece off. Then we just sanded the rough spots off. I'm looking at stains right now, but haven't done anything to protect or color them yet. They have turned a grey color and we want a dark brown.

What are you going to use to stain your posts?

I'm not a gate builder, but from time to time I do some metal work and allot of work on homes. I've found that King Archetecual Metals in Dallas is about the very best source for materials out there.

www.kingmetals.com

You name it,they have it, and at very good prices. I ordered some stuff a few weeks ago on a Monday and it was here in Tyler on Tuesday. Shippped freight for very reasonable amount!!!

The guy who told me about them is a fence and gate builder in DFW, and he uses them for there barrel hinges and gate openers mostly.

Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.