Today was one of those days that make the world a wonderful place. I had a red wine I had yet to crack, my daughter had just sent me a new cd, and I think I saw one of my first generation tilapia.

It has been hot all week, over 96 every day; humidity is still low in the lower 80s, but rising daily, causing unstable air which is producing thunderheads all around us some of them reaching thousands of feet into the sky. Where we build, we usually have a breeze and you just have to find the spot where the shade and breeze come together to be comfortable. Tonight that was on the front balcony.
I was busy cooking spaghetti and whipping up one of those sauces that only the cook can truly appreciate with which I fully intended enjoying the red, when I looked out the kitchen window an saw, you know "saw" not just looked, the shear beauty of my front yard. Words escape me and a picture would never do the justice to my minds eye of the scene. Because it was the same yesterday, but without my knowing or seeing, it's as much perception as reality, maybe more. Remember, I have yet to sip the first drop of that red, this is pure revelation in its basest form.
I sauced my pasta, cracked the wine, grabbed a stool and went outside and got it on with being overcome, what a great feeling.
Nature is special, but really, overwhelming? Man that barely describes it.
Ok, now into the second glass of wine, oh, by the way my local wine merchant had 2 choices, a red and a white, both by that world renowned vintner, Fetzer, I of course selected the merlot. For you beer guys it's the wine in the white 3 liter cardboard box, but you will need a glass, or in many of your cases a plastic cup, drinking directly from the box is uncouth.
I digress, the cd was the Beach Boys, Sounds of Summer. The tilapia was a real surprise, he was one of those two axe handle between the eyes kind of guys, I fed the fish like normal but like I said tonight was different, I usually don't eat on the balcony and watch what goes on after feeding. Anyway, sitting there musing, I saw this large fish, I have watched my fish grow from an 1 1/2", so big is usually only a couple of inches or ounces from the last, this was at least a pound. I had never seen him before.
This is maybe the fith or sixth time I have had a clarity of of my surroundings to this extent in my life. I wish that I were better able to describe how it feels, I know from reading forum posts that I am not alone, Bobad and D.I.E.D. recently and Bruce often display symptoms.

1/4 & 3/4 acre ponds. A thousand miles from no where and there is no place I want to be...
Dwight Yoakam