TR, we have sold over 30 clients every year for past 5 years. Got them established in I believe every case. This includes in many bass heavy environments with lower Wr than you have.
Prior to this success was low. Past 10-15 K in summer smaller size. Now stock only in spring with adult size 1.5-3 inches 4-5K. The larger size spawns quickly if stocked in the spring. Prety much all the folks have now started selling a "load". Only way we sell those fish. Load is good for 1 ac to 25 acre pond. IN fact I think it is more difficult to establish in tiny pond b/c not as much open water to hide and spawn prior to bass predating them all. So if he will let you by 5K and I think you will be fine. BTW our load is exactly your budget $1,100-1,200 delivered on location.

Ewest makes a godo point but we have not had thredfin dieoff since 2001 in norht GA and I think your climateis about the same. We had ice on the pond here for 4 days in a row 2 weeks ago and did not lose any. If fairly deep they seem to find some thermal refuge.

Are you missing 3-5 inch bluegill in your pond? Maybe CNBG stocking is a better solution. Also try to put the hammer down on bass prior to stokcing shad. Good luck.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com