Quote:
Shorty – I plan on reading that whole thread to glean more knowledge about ATP.

Bruce’s unit appears to be a 3/4 HP or 1 HP, mine is just a baby @ 1/2 HP.

My sechi disk reading is 24-30", depending on the area. Why is your water be so clear?
Great question Dwight, here is the answer, we have an over abundance of aquatic vegetation and also have tree lines that keep the NE wind from stirring up the water. Excess nutrients feed the growth of a variety of weeds rather than an algea bloom in the summer. On the positive side though we purchased and set up a couple of horizontal aerators this summer, next spring I am going point the horizontal aeraotor/circulators towards the bank in order to stir up the water and reduce the clarity in an attmpt to keep the weed growth down. I may also do a heavy catfish stocking in an attempt to reduce the water clarity that typically feeds the aquatic vegetation growth in 7-9 ft of water. If you read Bruce's excellent HA thread you will find that he originally put his 3/4 HP circulator in one of his smaller ponds which created some less than desirable clarity conditions due to the strong current, he then moved it to his bigger pond. Keep this in mind when setting yours up, you may need to move it around and play with where it is pointed if you start seeing some reduced water clarity in your pond.