Wow, what a mess I started. I'll throw in a few details to make you think. First, it's Texas, the water is very warm, it's a cattle pond with high nutrients. The LMB don't "chase" lures anymore, they conserve their energy and gingerly inhale their food...weightless lures like plastic crawdads & frogs, drifting...these fish are not aggressive, they appear to be conserving energy and coping with the extreme temps.

Then there's the question : How many "trophy bass" can I have in 1 1/2 acre ? 8 lbs is pretty good, anything that big eats what it wants...I guessing there are 4-5 over 4 lbs. OK, what's next on the food chain for the smaller guys, let's say 2-4 lbs LMB, 15-20 exist I think. 1000's of bgill, everywhere 3+ inches with the average 4-6"...remember, with a worm, I can perch jerk all day long.

But what's left for the 8-12" LMB that are at the high end of the RW chart at 89% ? They appear to have grown and consumed their forage base... they need to be culled. Larger bass already have more food and smaller RW's ? The Texas summer isn't friendly this time of year. I see is no value carrying excessive 3-6" bgill as part of my capacity.