Dave, I heard about the 4 wheeler track too. In our area it was a bicycle track that got there ag exemption taken away. We switched ours from ag to wildlife a couple of years ago. We have asked for a clarification that our wildlife exemption would not change from the tax people. They are checking into it.

We were going to check out the ones close to Abilene. At the dog & pony show they had for the area they had one rancher from down there come and talk to us. He was very positive about them on having no effect on him at all while getting income.

We asked about the free electricity and that is not a possibility at this point.

My concern is as this ranch becomes more and more valuable with time the income has to be there for family to not be tempted to make a quick buck. It will inevitably happen that it will leave the family but I'm just trying to give future generations some flexibility.

On the fishing front, I would say we have been semi successful. We catch good fish from both lakes but are fixing to build a 3rd and it really becomes work when trying to keep it on the right track. My problem is my wife somehow got herself pregnant at the age of 41 and now it is getting harder and harder to do my "fishing" job.