i am a new member, hope i'm doing this right since this is the first time i've posted a message. i built about a 7 acre lake recently. and i also built about 1300 feet of vinyl pvc fence. the fence posts are 7 feet tall, and 5 by 5 inches square. well, up here in mtn. home arkansas, we got a few rocks, and so rather than digging really deep holes, i had to cut the bottoms off many of the vinyl pvc fence posts. then i drilled a 1/2" hole thru them and threaded them on a 1/2' piece of rebar...anywhere from 4 feet to 10 feet tall. then anchored them in 5 gallon plant containers filled with quickcrete (bend the base of the rebar so it won't pull out of the quickcrete) then placed them in the pond. should never rot, and your fish hooks will slide off pretty easily. in case you don't build a fence!...you might want to check with your local fence company and see if you can have their scrap pieces of pvc fence material. if you are interested in pics, email me at ilovefishingmark@yahoo.com and i'll send you some thanks, mark