I am actually already building some PVC trees (waiting on marine epoxy to cure to hold the limbs in place), and I've nearly got a small wall of cinder blocks stacked in the garage waiting to be dumped as well. I'm also planning a rather unique structure consisting mainly of 4x4 beams and some spare latticework, I'll have to send in pictures to PondBoss when it's done... \:\) As far as other homeowners, my neighbor and I are the only ones who fish really, couple people will bank-fish from the dam now and then but really it's practically "my" lake as long as what I do doesn't attract the wrong sort of attention. ;\)

What I'm considering doing with the PVC trees is putting them just off the flat on the high side of a slope where it goes from being 4-8' to 12-14', but I was really thinking of putting the "reef" in deeper water, at least around the 14-16' area. After reading the above advice, I do have a remaining question, and that is how much (if at all) will the thermocline layer depth move from season to season?