Robinson,

Like ML said, we get quite a bit of rain here in East Texas. I'm quite a bit North of him and don't get as much, nor as heavy as he does. An average year for rain here is just under 4 feet. The last two years we've been under three feet.

Rains of 2 to 3 inches in a day are not uncommon at all, but storms like that usually blow through pretty fast. This one stayed for awhile and droped allot of water. It didn't set any records, but it's more than we normally get. When building roads and drainage, we have to expect and plan for these types of storms.

Even then, the city and county roads are washed out all over the place. The news had several roads that no longer exist, or have 6 foot holes in them.

When Hurricane Rita came through, we were predicted to get 22 inches of rain from it. But I'm 200 miles from the coast and Rita didn't have much left of her when she got here. I think we ended up with just 2 inches of rain when it happened.

I've never experienced anything like what ML has. That would really cause some serious problems and damage!!!!!!!!

Bruce,

Thank you.

Rich,

I'd enjoy showing you around. Maybe you'll give me some pointers or ideas that I hadn't considered. I know that when Meadowlard was here, he gave me all sorts of ideas!!!!

Rockytopper,

I haven't done any final measurements with the water in it, but did do them when I finished the dam based on the locasion of my flags on the dam. It looks like I got it right as the water level is right around 4 to 5 inches from the flags, which is what I'm guessing the water is down at the spillway.

My measurements then put me at 4.3 acres. I had originally thought I'd have a five acre lake, but got carried away on the size of the dam. Now that it's done, and I've made it through that last storm without any damage or erosion, I'm glad the dam is as thick as it is!!!!

Meadowlark,

When you had 30 inches in four days, was that when Lufkin and all those cities flooded so bad? I just couldn't imagine what that must have been like.

Now that I'm almost full, I'm dying to go see our buddy Bob and start stocking. Two more months and the weather should change!!!!

Thanks,
Eddie

Lake Marabou http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=139488&fpart=1

It's not how many ideas you have, but how many you make happen.

3/4 and 4 acre ponds.