Hey Joe provides some motivation:
 Quote:
Rest assured, you will leave this world a more beautiful place than you found it. Thanks for letting us hitch a ride.
Thank you, Joe. We are very fortunate to have this opportunity. I doubt that it will offset much of the Brettski Gone Wild epic saga that St Pete will make me watch when I'm standing at the pearly gates, but I'm hopin' it will cover a box of popcorn. A big box of JuJuBees would help; I hear it's a 2 parter.
-
-
Well, the rain machine has turned off for a couple of weeks. The level has gone back down by 4" from the peak after a good downpour. I'm not pleased, but not freakin' out (yet). All the water that we see now is creeping back into the flats of the timber and wetland area. I expect that there is a whole bunch of absorbin' goin' on. What has changed, tho, is the picture frame of green.

We are done planting the entire perimeter with native grasses and major league wildflowers. I know that it's gonna take a year or two to really see how the flowers take hold, but I expect some action this year...particularly the annuals in the mix. I can't wait...bring me some precip.