Mr Walker pays a generous compliment:
 Quote:
It's amazing to see the progress and how nice it looks.
Many thanks, Eddie. The boss and I were discussing the enormity of the project, the results, and the costs. In the beginning, the plan was nothing more than a pond...a hole in the ground with water, located in the middle of the woods. Then I followed my better judgement, passed on DIY, and hired the more expensive contractor interviewed...the one with the local reputation. He has truly delivered. The results have turned into a mini State park. From this level, the $ pain is easier to stomach. At least that's my justification.
Yes, the road does end at the .22 acre beach zone. The balance of the pond shoreline perimeter (about 20 - 25% of it) follows an area where a neighbor home and property line is about 200 ft thru the woods. It is also location to a main feed draw. We decided to NOT remove any more timber in this area, allow the water to back up a couple of feet, and leave the pond portion shallow. This will be a nice wetland zone. A good compromise...lemonade from lemons, if you will. In return, I have opted for a small pier at this beach zone, the dead end of perimeter travel. This, combined with the main pier at the building site, will provide another interesting alternate to commute to the beach and knoll; the Liberty ferry.