Meadowlark...the gate is open for ya anytime! I know you luv the dozer stuff. The guy runnin' the dozer is actually a retired dirt guy that can't get enough...done it all his life. (I imagine the pay package is fair incentive) Red makes that D-6 dance...not one wasted motion. I mean he pops that thing around like he's attached to it. I know he would learn ya a few things, be happy to do it, and I would double his pay knowing the value of the edumacation.
John, the other guy and the boss, typically runs the excavator and the scraper (E-mover). It is nice these past few days to finally see volume production of dirt movement. The scraper is now the main player. It's an older model (1984?), but John really takes care of his equipment. It shows...and still delivers.
...and, finally, they keep cuttin' and scrapin' and the clay won't stop...a shot after many scraper passes in front of the dam:

-
Ewest...yep, you bet I will compose a collective analysis and summary into one thread. I think it will be a nice Fall/Winter project. If it will help somebody else like you guys have helped me, I am obliged and deeply humbled.