Originally Posted by Quarter Acre
Sam, I don't know what you have got going on, but your obviously catching fish with your Franken-lures.

I am having difficulty understanding the neon green lure and how it is rigged to the jig head. I hate to stress you with another photo request as all forums seem to have their nuances when it come to posting pics, but an explanation of how the green grubs fused at the ends is hooked by the jig hook would be interesting.

There is a simple way to prevent soft plastics from sliding down jig hooks after fish have been caught. I call it a wire grub-grip . Believe me, once you attach the wire in less than 2 minutes per jig, you'll prefer collarless jigs which damage the lure when changing it. BTW super glue is just a bad to prevent plastics from sliding down.

Very few have used the idea posted on many forums. When in place it, looks like the L-shaped wire stuck in the clear plastic. And NO, the wire never spooks fish and can be used on any size jig.
Step-by-step photos of the process.

Attached Images
WIRE IN PLACE.jpg grub grip 24g wire.jpg wire on post 1.jpg wrap once.jpg tools.jpg cut one side close.jpg bend wire.jpg box.jpg
Last edited by SENKOSAM; 04/11/24 02:00 PM.