FiresHot, I made a mistake showing my wife the plants you’ve got growing in your pond. Now she’s on a mission. I suspect I’ll be planting soon. We just have this ongoing drought so our pond is up and down, mostly down. We have had a couple of nice rains lately. Water level is up a little, but still 2’ below full. I’m not sure how to plant in a pond with such varying water levels.
I turned on the feeder yesterday. We caught several keeper YP a few weeks ago, and I’d like to see more. Unfortunately, the test feed throw from the feeder revealed less than stellar interest from the fish. I’ll be back up in a week, I’ll see if the fish have responded, I sure hope so. For now I turned the amount of feed way down. (4 seconds a day).
When I was at the fish sellers place getting the food for the feeder, I asked if he had any WE in stock. He does! I said I may put in some. We discussed numbers etc. His recommendation for my 1 ac. Pond was 40 walleye. He said if I put in a dozen, I’d probably never see them. Of course he wants to sell more fish.. Food for thought. He did say, I needed to keep the ones I caught, and start eating them! I think I can be talked into that. Ha!

Last edited by SetterGuy; 04/07/24 06:59 AM.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023