Dug holes at the house for my wife to plant her new plants in the morning. It was so dry that I did not find a single worm. I wanted to try and catch some of those large sucker fish in our creek!

Went out to the farm to water trees in the afternoon. Took a fishing rod to clean out some of the GSF from the creek such that the suckers might actually have a chance the next time I had a bit of worm. Threw a small jig with a tiny grub about 12" farther up the line. Caught a 10" LMB on the first cast. Caught a 14" LMB on the second cast. Both bass were caught on the tiny grub lure. I am pretty sure there were only two bass in that hole when I looked last week. Both were well above 100 RW.

Never caught a GSF the whole time.

The water was clear last week, but some bloom was going this week, so I couldn't see very well into that pool in the creek.

The advice last week was to try a bit of worm on a small hook. Anyone know if they would also bite on corn or a doughball?

Sorry, I don't yet have a positive ID until I put some on the bank. I am pretty sure it is a long-bodied type of sucker. NOT a common carp or as deep-bodied as a quillback carpsucker. Although I am looking down from a high bank, so my fish ID skills in that circumstance are even worse than usual!