It really wasn't bad at all. First time doing it and using somebody else's equipment always requires more time to make sure things line up and can get it done. We picked up the Seeder on Friday to make sure we could work through some of the challenges ahead of our scheduled seeding on Saturday. Saturday still had a few challenges to work through but I would do it again for sure and it would probably be smoother now that I have a little experience with both the equipment and what to keep an eye on.

I'm sure I could have hired this out. Would not have been nearly as enjoyable to watch somebody else do it though.

If you decide to take it on. Find out about the connections and give yourself an extra day. It would also likely help to have a little more seed that you plan to use. Load some of the seed and run a small test path or row.....adjust and when you get it where you want.....load her up and get'r done.

The only purpose of the tractor is to pull the seeder and raise/lower the seeder with hydraulics on turns. No idea why it has a 40HP requirement.

Absolutely worth the effort and time spent though!

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine