FYI, Asian Bittersweet (wikipedia article) is a vine that grows fairly fast, produces a shipload of berries that birds (and maybe arboreal mammals - ???) love to eat to spread it's seeds, and does a pretty good job of strangling trees. We have one fence row of trees in between two of our leased row crop fields where the Bittersweet pretty much completely covers the trees that grew there. I'll never be able to eliminate it, as it would be constantly reseeded from the vines growing in the 7 figure subdivision to the North of our farm (built amid what I swear is the ugliest woods in Ohio). So I do my best to keep it from ruining any good trees that it hasn't already engulfed, as well as keeping it off woven wire fences.

Ohio has no equivalent program that we know of.

Oh, BTW, glyphosate just pisses it off. We do have one herbicide that is effective on it (I can't remember the name of the top of my head), which helps with the fence rows, but is rather hard to spray way up in trees.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]