We bought a Kubota L3901 a few weeks ago. Couldn't keep spur gears in the front drive axle on the Massey Ferguson we had so poof it's gone.

The Kubota is very slightly used - had 120hrs on the clock when we brought it home. I've put about 15 hours on it so far and I'm finding that
it is a much better machine than the Massey. That one always felt underpowered in terms of both pulling ability and hydraulics. I did like the
shuttle shift transmission but not much else. The Kubota is a full hydrostat which I'm still getting used to but I think I will like it fine once the
muscle memory sets in.

I expect with the hydrostatic drive the Kubota would be a brilliant tiller tractor but I've already cut the driveshaft on my tiller to fit the Ford 860
so likely will never find out. I've got a back blade on the Kubota now which along with the front loader makes it super handy for driveway
grooming, landscape work, etc.

Dave's mention of ram seals drying out reminded me that I had to replace a hydraulic hose on the Kubota last week. Six year old machine
with only 120hrs on it so not really a surprise and not really a big deal either. It cost $65 for the new hose and a gallon of Super UDT.
I expect I'll have to replace most of those loader hoses over the next couple years.

Last edited by Augie; 02/28/24 03:46 PM. Reason: additional comments