Updates:

Lots of minnows in the pond, Golden Shiners and Spotfin Shiners are reproducing as well as some lingering FHM.

RES: Sample of those caught are 6-8.75" and very fat (I've seen several taking pellets!) So roughly 3-5" of growth in 16 months

HBCP: Sample of those caught are 8"-9.75" (Also seeing several readily hitting pellets) -Roughly 4" of growth in 16 months.

YP: Sample of those caught 9"-11.5" Very thick - Roughly 3" of growth in 18 months

HSB: Sample of those caught 14-15.5" - Roughly 8" of growth in 12 months

Structure:

My pond plant growth is going well, I have what seems to be about a 10x10 patch of Spiral Eelgrass established and going strong, some American pondweed in several locations (That I hope to tame), and I've added significant amounts of artificial structure and various locations. Hopefully this will help maintain, or lower the stocking rates of minnows for the pond to help the non-pellet eating HBCP and RES.

Reproduction:

-No sign of YP reproduction from the spring as of yet, which is a bit surprising, we will see what next spring has in store. I didn't get a chance to lay structure where I could access it to check for eggs when we got floods last spring. Does anyone know what YP size would be from spawn to fall? Are they catchable yet ?
-No signs of HBCP reproduction as well
-I identified several RES beds, and have caught 3" RES so I'm thinking there is a good chance there was some reproduction

I'm thinking on stocking a small amount of 1lb RBT - Maybe 12 or so for winter raising and to harvest in the spring.

Last edited by tylerd1994; 09/27/23 10:15 AM.