bruce, dont you think they had just enough "up close and personal" with you over the LONG winter? in this relatively huge pond environment, they probably feel free and are exhibiting their "wild" side now.

i wish i knew the starting level of many of my fish. i stocked a range from 3-5 inches. it seems some will reach 8-inches this season, but it must be those that started their new life in Feb. as 5-inchers.

many of my BG are in the "following around every tall object" category. my wife plays along and calls me the pied piper of my fish. truth is i'd like to think it was just me, my magnatism and wonderful personality, but i know they'd follow anybody......even the herons and egrets.....even jeff if he's willing to visit again \:D

i am AMAZED at the strength of BG in the 6-inch class on small fly tackle....its an absolute blast. the GSF in that size class are even stronger. if they get hook shy even to tiny flies, and to make sure yer guests can continue to outfish you (occassionally) .....have them put a tiny worm chunk on end of hook, reward the group later w/ a personal hand thrown bunch of aquamax....they will continue to be the gift that keeps giving.

on a side note.....as with water witching....i am completely shunned by my father and brother for placing tiny worm chunks on flies and calling it "fly fishing". perhaps i share a small similarity in this light here w/ george and his pellet flies.

fish on.

GSF are people too!