What I did yesterday when the high temp was down to a pleasant 98 for a high.

Wife and I drove there and got on 4 wheelers. Rode by big pond and it is down a lot due to our heat wave, probably gone down 3 ft in the last 10 days. That makes it about 6+ ft low. Cedars that I cut and put, with weights, into the water on the banks were high and dry.

Went to the back of the property to our green sunfish pond. On the way I noticed that the spring fed creek was out of business. That’s the second time it’s happened in approx 40 years. The 1/4 acre pond was down about 4 ft. We tossed out some fish food to the green sunfish. I expect a fish kill here.

Went by another couple of small shallow ponds that were dry. I don’t stock them.

The drought hasn’t ended and 100+ temps are coming back with a vengeance. Supposed to be 108+ this coming week.

I have heard that every drought is broken by a flood. It needs to get here in a hurry.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP