We’ve been getting some rain at our place. I was there a few days ago. I think it’ll save some trees. It’s certainly bringing back the grass and weeds. I’ll bet we’ve had 3” this month. However, we were so dry, and the rain came slow enough, we’ve had zero runoff. My pond is now down over 2’. Fish are still very active when the feeder goes off. Hopefully this fall we’ll get a storm with some runoff. I planted four food plots for when I saw the rain forecasted. All four are up and growing. Last august when I planted, it was the start of the drought. This year I plant, hopefully it’s the end of the drought. Local corn crops are horrible. Talking to a neighbor, he says they still have to harvest in order to collect payments. Seems like a waste of diesel.
CRP is now about a foot tall. So far, it’s mostly the Korean lespedeza that has come up. Some of the warm season grasses are starting. Plus a lot of weeds. So far the deer don’t seem all that interested in the lespedeza. That’s got me a bit concerned. I’m definitely seeing more turkeys though.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023