Dang Guys, I just renovated a whole 2-2.5 acre pond to create an all-female trophy lake. I am an avid LMB/SMB angler in KY/TN who wants to catch a LARGE (edit - Large being over 8lbs) bass from time to time in my back yard. The pond STILL has no predators in it. You can walk on the backs of the BG that surround my dock when they hear footsteps. Creating a grow out pond has my interest. I actually have 2 ponds within 30 yards of my house. I half own the other. Property line goes straight through the middle of the pond. The other is about 3/4 an acre. Its population is stunted bass, and not many - Gizzard Shad, and BG. Thats IT! NO CC, no BIG LMB. All bass are about 1-2lbs.It has a Filamentous and cattail issue, but since my neighbor fishes often and drags fish to take pics, I have ignored that one to care/build the other.

Pond A = 2 acre pond
Pond B = 3/4 acre pond

Would it be of good practice to pull forage from pond A to put into pond B to increase grow out rates?

Could I have pond B be my big BG pond since most bass are only 1-2lbs? Pond B is not pellet fed.

This has been 1 HELLOVA reread/visit. You folks edu-ma-cated 1 country redneck ! lol

Last edited by For the Family; 07/21/23 02:03 AM.

God has blessed us with this day, what we do with it is up to us.