Summer update. I have some good news and bad news on the pond. I planted the Vallisneria and Sagitaria this spring. It looks like all the Sagitaria died. I think it may have been to early to plant it. The Vallisneria has taken off nicely and is growing some nice dense patches. I will try again with the Sagitaria this summer. I was able to get blunt nose minnows and Spotfin Shiners from Joanahs aquarium, It cost a fortune, but it was the only source i could find. From what i can see they have already been reproducing. The BAD news. Somehow, somewhere to two types of fish I DID NOT WANT ended up in the pond. I have blue gill and what I am almost positive is young large mouth bass. I have caught a few blue gills out of there, but I cant get the bass to bite. It is a very long slender fish with a black line running horizontal down the side. They are about 4 inches long right now. So here lies my dilemma, and I am open to any feedback. I was planning on waiting a full year for the pond to get nice and full of baitfish, before i introduced the perch. Since i already have the BG and LMB, should i go ahead and get the YP in there this summer and get them competing with the BG and LMB? Should i try to get out as many LMB and BG as possible? I will still planning to do grass shrimp and softshell crayfish, but those efforts are probably thwarted with what is in there now. I am open to any ideas.