Originally Posted by gehajake
Had a chance to get by the farm today, started clearing a couple acres for more foodplots for turkey and deer. was tickled to see we had 3 1/2" of rain there Sunday, 3" at home, but filled my pond up to overflowing from about 6 to 8" down. all came in a really short time, not much over an hr. some of the neighbors on both sides of there had 4".

Working really good for clearing trees, with a track-hoe you can pluck the little ones out in the bottom ground like a weed, roots come out clean as a whistle. helps that it is a real sandy topsoil loam about two' deep.

Wow! I sure wish we’d get some rain in northeast Missouri! One of these days.. Hopefully. I’m heading up tomorrow to check things out. I was going to post a joke about catching these or stocking these in my pond, but gave up trying to make it humorous. I’ve been up in the Northwest Territories of Canada. Up above Yellowknife. [Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Just had an amazing week of fishing up there.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023