Originally Posted by FishinRod
Originally Posted by gehajake
My wife wanted to know why I wasnt doing this all along, that was awesome, I tried to tell her it doesnt work most of the time, just a few weeks out of the year.
Its as much fun as bass fishing can get.

I hope you let her take a few casts to get in on the fun!

I did let her do it but she still has to work a little on the finesse of the whole thing, instead of a little jig or twitch she would jerk the damn thing several ft at a time, they still came after and hit it, she was able to catch several. granted mine are just 2 1/2 yrs old, no really big ones in there but they are still fun.
My next challenge is going to be the CC, them damn things look like they upwards of 5 6 lbs and I cannot get them to bite on anything. Im wanting to eat them and get them out of the pond pretty bad. but no luck yet, I have caught them in the past, seldom releasing any for several yrs now but they seem smart as heck, that and A lot of the standing timber around the back half of the pond is starting to drop big limbs and whole treetops and some whole trees, and it seems the wind blows them up to the front half shorelines of the pond before they sink, so now I have tons of brush on the bottom around the shorelines, harder then ever to get one out if you do hook one, they will take you straight into the brush.
Oh well, I guess if it was easy women and kids would be doing it.

All the really good ideas I've ever had came to me while I was milking a cow.