Do you also have a dwelling at the pond?

A well is also very valuable for all of the things people do around a household. That might help you justify some of the cost of drilling the well.

Longer term it is probably not the well water production rate that matters, but how much you are willing to spend on electricity to keep your pond full.

Math for a 1.5 acre pond with no leaks, losing 1/4" per day due to evaporation:

1.5 acres x 326,000 gallons/acre-foot / 12 inches/foot x 0.25 inches/day = 10,188 gallons per day.

That only requires 7 GPM to keep full, if you could run your pump 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

As a worst case scenario - during hot, dry weather you could lose 1/2" per day and require 14 GPM.

In practice, a larger, high-efficiency pump running only part of the time usually has much lower annual repair and electricity costs.

Of course, if your pond also leaks, then your water pumping costs will be even higher!

The electrical pumping costs are largely going to depend on the static water level in your water well. If you are "lifting" the water from a great depth, then you are going to use more electricity.

I do have the Kansas water well database in my computer. If you send me a Private Message with your legal description (section, township, and range) I could check the records of some of the nearby wells. (If you have not already done that yourself.)

Do you currently have any water available to "test" your pond, like from a creek or a neighbor with a full pond? If you filled your pond part way and filled a large barrel or tank beside the pond (for a pan evaporation test comparison), then you could determine if your pond is leaking, or just losing water due to evaporation during this Kansas drought.

Good luck on your pond rehab project!