I am a Pond Boss subscriber. Into my 2nd year now! I have learned a lot but figured I'd get something even deeper from a book. Am I wrong about that? Do I just need to go back and read my old issues more closely?

I used my aquarium test strips to see general values on the pond. GH was 180, KH was 240. PH 7.5, and both NO2 and NO3 were 0. I've googled, but can't seem to find information outside of "koi ponds" on hardness and such. I've seen fish between 1 and 2 inches in the pond and tadpoles. The frogs are crazy loud at night and so wonderful to listen to. I've seen and heard cardinals and wrens, plus 2 other sounds that might be squirrels, might be something else. We've gotten a great blue heron on the game camera once, and we've seen ducks come through.

I know my first step is to learn all I can about my pond. And I'm trying, I just feel like I might not know all the questions to ask. And as a bibliophile, books are what I turn to since I don't know anyone personally who knows more than me about my pond!

We are in Waco, so central Texas.

"Truth is as subjective as reality."