Originally Posted by Dave Davidson1
I tried that about 10 years ago. Bought some from a grocery store and headed to one of my small ponds. Fatheads were doing OK in it. I put them on the bank and they didn't do much. So I put them in the water and some promptly crawled out back onto the bank. I left and came back later. More were on the bank and I put them back in the water. The next morning I went to look. Evidently all had crawled out of the water and committed suicide by coon.

I called a Louisiana crawfish producer and asked questions. He said that while they were still alive and suitable for eating, they were mostly dying from being shipped and displayed on ice.

I haven't tried it since.

When you buy them from a crawfish farm, they come in sacks of about 40 lb. They recommend opening one end on the shoreline and letting the healthy live ones make their own way out. There's always a few that don't make it, though.

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160