Hello there

Very much new to this and planning for a garden pond (about 15x20ft and max 4ft deep, avg depth about 3ft)

I am trying to decide in advance how to circulate and filter the water and I see various systems and products that may work but - one thing that can't to mind that I can't seem to find any accounts of is allowing the pond to slowly drain into the same aquifer as our well and just continually top it up using the well pump.

I figure that natural drainage through the soil is an excellent way to filter and I suppose would have the added benefit of not having to necessarily use a liner ( I am thinking trees growing nearby will also be happier if there is a pond draining into the soil naturally as well)

Would likely use a float switch to control an electronic valve that allows water to flow from our well system. I suppose I would also need to find a way to get an acceptable rate of drainage so the well pump isn't running too often - I suppose I could do this by perforating the liner or if I decide not to use a liner could maybe adjust rate of drainage with bentonite?

Anyhow just wanted to get your thoughts on this to see what I may not be considering other than perhaps reducing the life of my well pump!