Hello-

We have a 1.75 to 2.0-acre pond on our property near Brady, TX. We have experienced a drought over the past two years so the pond has gotten lower and lower so we decided to drill a water well to help keep it full along with Mother Nature's help. The water well is complete and producing 66gpm at the pond which is great. The question I have is that we measured the pH of the water coming out of the well and it's at 6.0 while the actual pond water and the soils around the pond are around 7.8 to 8.0. Is this a concern?

I have added some pictures of the pond. These pictures were taken back in February so the pond has gone up a little since adding all of the structure. Please note that that large dead tree in the pictures will be 5ft under water once the pond is full. We have added a lot of Mossback fish habitat products, several Pond King structures, a couple of Texas Hunter Product Fish Pyramids, and a number of rock piles, cedar trees, and gravel beds. We will have a fish feeder to ensure the bluegill population thrives and are planning on adding 250 bluegills and 10lbs of shiners within the next couple of weeks once the water is above most of the structures. There are currently some bluegills in the ponds that we have caught fishing and we have been removing as many bass as humanely possible the last 6 months just to help our forage fish multiply.

I would love to get yalls input on the pH and any other opinions you have in making this into the best bass pond for our family. I appreciate your time and help!

Attached Images
6 (Large).jpg 10 (Large).jpg 13 (Large).jpg 29 (Large) (Large).jpg 45 (Large).jpg Capture.JPG Picture2.jpg Picture3.jpg
Last edited by BG15; 05/05/23 11:21 AM.