Originally Posted by drumminj
Originally Posted by H20fwler
Did you fertilize or weed kill in the yard at all? You still could have gotton surface run off into the pond from any slope or the contour of yard.
Minnows could be more sensitive to any change than the tadpoles?

Nope, no recent fertilization or weed killer (no weed killer at all).

We have seen minnows in the pond, though the visible numbers seem to be dwindling. A few weeks ago I'd say there were maybe a hundred in there. A week ago I saw a school of maybe 30. This past week I've not observed any live minnows, just two dead ones - one quilte large ~3" or so that maybe was a grizzled survivor from last year's stocking based on size.

Tadpoles, toadpoles, frogs, and salamanders continue to thrive. It's fun just to enjoy all the life in and around the water, but I'd be happier seeing fish swimming around!

I agree with Bill, I'd find a different fish supplier. A bait store near me that's been in business for over 50 years recently has had a heck of a time getting Fatheads to live in the bait tank. I brought her some fatheads and the problem of them dying on her stopped. So, I believe in the bait shop's case it was how the minnows were handled prior to them getting the minnows.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).