CC-
Regarding your lack of cover issue (natural cover); have you consider using artificial structure? I have driven several short pipes in the bottom not too far from the edge, and then I use large zip ties to attach varies types of cover every few seasons. This year I was blessed with some free Christmas trees. That will be the dense stuff my fry can hide in. I also have some sticks and branches type cover (looser cover) for the fingerlings and larger classes to graduate into. And we've got a few bigger trees, with large trunks, for ambush hideouts for my bigger LMB. ( It also helps an amateur bass catcher, such as myself, raise his catch rates when fishing near the bigger structure).
Last spring, after my shock survey, I was again reminded to shoot for 20% structure coverage in my pond. I've also read that number in a number of threads on the forum here.

It sounds like you have a great forage base, and have an established YP population. Maybe better and more structure is the key?

Maybe the Pros can chime in.

In the meantime, I'll wear my lucky socks for you....

"Politics": derived from 'poly' meaning many, and 'tics' meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.