Originally Posted by rumme55
Originally Posted by esshup
I'm not good at telling someone what they want to hear vs. what is actually going to happen when they try something they "think" is going to work.

Unless you have a dissolved Oxygen meter, you cannot tell whether the water movement you are seeing is actually helping aerate the pond. Do you have an O2 meter?

So you are claiming that the only way a person can tell if their pond aeration is working/ helping, is by owning a 02 meter ?

That would be the only way to have definitive proof, which would be helpful for such a unique idea. A video of the system might help visualize things better also.

I would question whether you are getting any meaningful turnover at depth. A significant benefit of a good aeration system is the ability to increase dissolved O2 throughout the water column. Surface agitation can certainly help achieve that, but is not likely to be very efficient, IMO.

I applaud you for thinking outside the box. Worst case scenario if you aren't achieving great results after some time or if you find that the motors are going belly up after a short time, you aren't out much and likely got plenty of enjoyment/entertainment simply from working on the system and testing it out (assuming you are anything like me).